Step 1 To Perfect Eyebrows: Discover Your Face Shape
Commonly we can be identified with one of six different face shapes. These are Oval, Square, Round, Long, Heart and Diamond. Let's take a closer look at each one to help you identify which one you have.
Oval Face Shape
- Forehead is wider than the chin
- Prominent cheekbones
- Face tapers into a narrow oval chin
Square Face Shape
- Forehead, cheekbones and jaw line are all around the same widths
- The most obvious feature is the squared jaw line
Round Face Shape
- The face is almost as wide as it is long
- Widest point of the face is the cheeks
Long Face Shape
- Your face is longer than it is wider, with a narrow width
- Forehead and jawline are a similar width
- The line of your cheeks and sides of your face are straight
Heart Face Shape
- Similar to oval but chin tapers into a point
Diamond Face Shape
- Slightly short forehead, and the face is widest at it's temples
- commonly the face is highly angular
Step 2: Discover Your Perfect Eyebrow Shape
Now you've successfully identified your face shape, let's get to the important part, your brows.
Eyebrows for an oval shaped face
Lucky You! This is the most well-proportioned face shape. Your perfect eyebrow shape would be a soft angled arch, this will allow your sharp features to stand out for themselves.
Eyebrows for a square shaped face
To soften up your features stay away from any shapes which are too angular. Go for a softly rounded brow.
Eyebrows for a round shaped face
Contrary to Square shape faces you want define lacking bone structure. You can achieve this with a hard angled brow with a high arch.
Eyebrows for a long face shape
Go for a straight brow. It's important to extend the tails of the eyebrows a bit longer than the corner of the eye. This will play up the horizontal features and balance out the length of the face.
Eyebrows for a long face
The aim with a heart shape face is to soften the look of the face and balance your strong jawline. Going for a rounded arch is the best way to soften a pointy chin.
Eyebrows for a diamond face shape
Similarly to Heart shapes, you are working to soften an angled face, so go for a rounded brow.
Now you know which shape your eyebrows should be, take a look at our tips and tricks to get them there.
Perfect eyebrows can work wonders on enhancing your facial features, if you get them right! Brows, just like haircuts, are not one shape suits all, so what shape should yours be? The first thing you need to establish is which face shape you have. That's right, the wrong eyebrow shape for your face can completely throw off your look. Get the perfect eyebrows right however, and you will open up your eyes and even take years off your appearance. Let's find out how.