Creating The Valentine's Day Look
Before you get started one of the most important steps is to prep your skin! This ensures that you will really get the most of your makeup and give it even longer staying power. Our expert glo Skin Beauty makeup artist prepped her skin with the Hydrating Gel Cleanser and Phyto-Active Toning Mist. Next up, she applied some Daily Power C serum to provide environmental protection. Finished off with Daily Hydration+ for an added hydration boost for your skin.
Step 1 - Face
- Apply Moisturizing Tint SPF30+ using clean fingertips
- Using a flat-top Kabuki Brush, apply Lumnious Liquid foundation SPF18
- Reduce unwanted redness and brighten your complexion with Liquid Bright Concealer in the shade Brighten, using clean fingertips.
- To give the look serious staying power, set with Luminous Setting Powder.
Step 2 - Contour & Highlight
- To give your Valentine's Day look a bronzed feel grab your Contour Kit! Sweep shades 1 and 2 along the hairline, cheekbones and jawline.
- Using a soft, detailed eye brush, blend the same shades in the crease of the eyes, down the bridge of the nose and along the lower lash line.
- Brighten the centre of the nose and underneath the eyes with the Matte Highlight shade.
- Using the Shimmer Highlight add subtle shimmer to the high points of the face.
Step 3 - Brows
- Use the Precise Micro Browliner to fill and define your brows.
- Set brows in place with some Brow Gel.
Step 4 - Eyes
- Using Liquid Ink create a slight cat eye. Apply a small amount to the centre of the upper lash line and gradually work the line outwards towards the corner of the eyes. Raise the line up towards the temple to create a slight flick
- To really deepen and perfect your wing, work the line from the outer corner in to the centre of the lash line. Use small strokes until the desired thickness is achieved.
- A top tip from our expert is to soak a pointed cotton bud with Gentle Makeup Remover to clean up the outer edges of the wing. Just remember practice makes perfect, and the perfect winged liner is a thing of beauty!
Step 5 - Lips
- Now to create the real focus area for your Valentine's Day look! Apply Suede Matte Crayon in the shade Crimson to the centre of the upper and lower lip. Blend this out gently using a small brush.
- Line and fill the rest of the lips with the Precision Lip Pencil in the shade Pronto. Lightly blend these shades together for a seamless finish.
Your simple, sexy, Valentine's look is complete! We can't wait to see you try it out. Don't forget to tag us @gloskinbeautyuk so we can see your creations!
Valentine's Day is here again, and most of us will head towards the staple that is a classic red lip. But we have a simple tutorial to switch things up a bit. By using a a rich, cool red instead of the usual bright, blue-hued reds associated with traditional valentine's looks, it will add real depth and dimension. Combine this with a vibrant plum-berry liner and you'll have a look that will leave you and your valentine swooning!